Book 3: Science, Theory and Clinical Application in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy: Scientific Therapeutic Exercise Progressions (STEP) - The Back and Lower Extremity
This book from The Ola Grimsby Institute provides decades of clinical experience and reasoning, with both historical and current evidence, with rationale for active treatments in orthopaedic manual therapy. Practical guidelines for exercise rehabilitation are presented with this logical and exciting work. Incorporating experience and science, this book provides new approaches and treatment principles to make what you already do more effective.
- Actual Exercise Pictures and Descriptions: hundreds of exercise pictures with descriptions and instruction on application and modification for both the novice and master clinician.
- Functional Integration: Exercise concepts outline training the low back, pelvis and lower quarter as a functional unit, not separate joint systems.
- Evidence: Extensively referenced in scientific and clinic research related to exercise rehabilitation.
- Exercise Design: Application of biomechanics, work physiology and different resistance sources for custom exercise design for the low back, pelvis and lower quarter.
- Exercise Dosage: Detailed description of specific exercise dosage for training goals on the continuum from tissue repair and mobilization to endurance, strength and power.
- Exercise Progression: Concepts for how to initiate a rehabilitation programs, with logical progressions back to full functional mobility and stability.
Requirements for successful completion
- Read book Science, Theory and Clinical Application in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy: Scientific Therapeutic Exercise Progressions (STEP) - The Back and Lower Extremity
- Complete written exam with score >80%
- Independent study