The Fellowship program consists of onsite seminars, online didactic course content, and video presentations of examination and treatment techniques. The online and onsite educational modules are designed to guide the therapist through the Fellowship program and meet all the elements of the APTA's Description of Advanced Specialty Practice (DASP). Clinical mentorship provided by our Clinical Fellowship Instructors rounds out the Fellowship program.
The Fellowship program is designed to allow fellows to maintain full-time employment while completing all Fellowship requirements. Discussion boards and online testing are designed to help prepare the therapist for the onsite courses. The Fellowship didactic coursework is designed to be completed onsite and online through our distance education platform.
To (1) elevate orthopaedic physical therapists' knowledge, skills and attributes within the subspecialty field of orthopaedic manual physical therapy through a comprehensive curriculum that is recognized by ABPTRFE and AAOMPT/IFOMPT; (2) utilize strategic initiatives to encourage program growth and continuous improvement; and (3) support and enhance the mission of Physical Therapy First by graduating physical therapists who serve the community as advanced clinical decision makers, diagnosticians, communicators, educators, collaborators, health advocates, scholars, autonomous professionals and healthcare leaders as Fellows of AAOMPT.
- Fellowship Administrator: Samantha Gubka, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, FAAOMPT
- Program Director: John Baur, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
- Instructor/Mentor: Terry Pratt, MS, PT, COMT, FAAOMPT
- Instructor/Mentor: Laura von Wullerstorff, PT, MS, OCS, COMT, FAAOMPT
- Instructor/Mentor: Ray Moore, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
- Instructor: Jan Dommerholt, PT, DPT, MPS, DAAPM
- Mentor: Joshua Renzi, PT, MSPT, COMT, FAAOMPT
Physical Therapy First (PTF) Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship is accredited by the APTA through the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE), approved by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT), in compliance with the standards set nationally and internationally by International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT).
Physical Therapy First (PTF) Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship is an ABPTRFE-accredited as a post-professional clinical fellowship program for physical therapists in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy. The official commencement of this prestigious accreditation began January 31, 2015 and continues for a period of five (5) years until January 31, 2020.
$16500 which includes all courses and materials
Duration: 12-36 months
Payment installments can be arranged
- Current license to practice physical therapy
- One page letter of intent for application to the Fellowship
- Curriculum Vitae
- Description of clinical experiences
- Complete an APTA accredited orthopaedic residency program or OCS certification.
- Fellowship interview/application review will be conducted by Fellowship Director
Email John Baur, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT at email@example.com to request an application.
Since the commencement of the program it has enrolled 7 fellows-in-training, graduated 4 participants, and currently has one active participant. Two participants dropped out, one moved out-of-state and the second participant left the program for personal reasons. The current graduation rate is 67%.