Book 1: Science, Theory and Clinical Application in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy: Scientific Therapeutic Exercise Progressions – Applied Science and Theory
This book from The Ola Grimsby Institute provides decades of clinical experience and reasoning, with both historical and current evidence, with rationale for active treatments in orthopaedic manual therapy. Practical guidelines for exercise rehabilitation are presented with this logical and exciting work. Incorporating experience and science, this book provides new approaches and treatment principles to make what you already do more effective.
- Histology: Clinical integration of current histological research for practical application and intervention.
- Neurophysiology: Clinical integration of neurological research as it related to pain, motor recruitment, movement patterns, application for both active and passive treatment.
- Nutrition: Dietary supplementation for tissue repair.
- Models of Dysfunction: Pathological models for defining patient dysfunction as well as intervention theory.
- Exercise Design: Application of biomechanics, work physiology and different resistance sources for custom exercise design for the neck and upper quarter.
- Exercise Dosage: Detailed description of specific exercise dosage for training goals on the continuum from tissue repair and mobilization to endurance, strength and power.
- Exercise Progression: Concepts for how to initiate a rehabilitation programs, with logical progressions back to full functional mobility and stability.
Requirements for successful completion
- Read book Science, Theory and Clinical Application in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy: Scientific Therapeutic Exercise Progressions – Applied Science and Theory
- Complete written exam with score >80%
- Independent study