PTF's Orthopaedic Residency is a 12-36 month structured program that allows residents to work while taking laboratory courses over 5 weekends. Our didactic courses are led by content experts through NAIOMT, providing residents with opportunities to interact with world-renowned physical therapists. The online and onsite educational modules are designed to guide the therapist through the Residency program and meet all the elements of the APTA's Description of Specialty Practice (DSP). Clinical mentorships rounds out the Residency program and is provided by our faculty residency mentors.
The Residency program is designed to allow residents to maintain full-time employment while completing all residency requirements. The Residency didactic coursework is designed to be completed online through Litmo distance learning educational platform. In addition, residents receive written exams, live patient exams and orthopaedic skills assessment throughout the Program which helps guide the resident to completion and ensure that clinical skills are being developed.
- Program Director: Samantha Gubka, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, FAAOMPT
- Program Coordinator / Mentor: Maureen Ambrose, PT, DPT, OCS, COMT
- Instructor: Kathleen Berglund, PT, DSc, FAAOMPT, COMT, OCS, ATC
- Instructor: Terry Pratt, MS, PT, COMT, FAAOMPT
- Instructor: Laura von Wullerstorff, PT, MS, OCS, COMT, FAAOMPT
- Mentor: John Baur, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
- Mentor: Joshua Renzi, PT, MSPT, COMT, FAAOMPT
- Mentor: David Shulman, PT
- Mentor: Ray Moore, PT, DPT, OCS
Physical Therapy First (PTF) Orthopaedic Residency is accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association as a post-professional residency program for physical therapists in orthopaedics.
Physical Therapy First (PTF) Orthopaedic Residency is an ABPTRFE-reaccredited residency program. The official commencement of this prestigious reaccreditation begins March 31, 2018 and continues for a period of ten (10) years until March 31, 2028.
- $7500 which includes all courses and materials
- Duration: 12-36 months
- Payment installments can be arranged
Email Maureen Ambrose, PT, DPT, OCS, COMT firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.